Hello all from the UK

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Dave78

Hello all from the UK

Post by Dave78 »

Just found this place and thought I'd join up and say hello..

I'll be picking my new little PCX125 up on Saturday, having signed on the dotted line last weekend..

Coming from a BMW R1200GSA it didn't know it was possible to have so much fun with on 125cc...

Role on Saturday..

Dave
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Hello all from the UK

Post by Cracksta »

Welcome!

I came from a Gixer 600 K3, i'm having more fun, more comfortable and actually doing more with it than my last bike :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Dave, glad you came-a-board & yep, I'm bet tin' you're going to love your New ride! :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

watch out the Dave`s are taking over the forum :D
From one Dave to another Welcome
Dave78

Post by Dave78 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hi Dave, glad you came-a-board & yep, I'm bet tin' you're going to love your New ride! :D
The wife said I had the biggest grin on my face when I came back from the test ride.. And all I could say was that bikes a scream.. its such a laugh..
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Hi Dave!

I'm also a Dave. Lots of us Dave's here. :P

Welcome to the forums! :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

welcome dave,enjoy it mate
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
figurehead71
Regular User
Regular User

Post by figurehead71 »

Welcome Dave, sure you will enjoy it, what colour did you opt for?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

My last bike was a Daytona 900.
I really like the scooter format, I doubt I'll ever buy another conventional motorbike.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
ItsaHonda
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ItsaHonda »

Scooters are just so much more well rounded. I've been asked many times why I chose the Burgman 650 over a motorcycle... and I always reply "why not?" The Burgman does everything a full size motorcycle will do without the added weight and size (the Burg is plenty heavy enough at 600+ lbs.), has better stock storage, is soo much easier to get on and off of, is more comfortable (IMO), I don't have to worry about shifting (although it does have a self shifting mode via up/down buttons on the handlebars), gets better gas mileage, has better technology, is quieter and smoother, and was cheaper than a touring motorcycle. It's like if you wanted a little bit of a sport bike, a bit of a cruiser, a bit of a tourer and then threw some scooter in the mix, viola, you'd have a maxi scooter. Why buy just one kind of bike when I can have a little of all? As for the PCX, who wants to drag out the big motorcycle everytime you want to run an errand or every morning to go to work... just hop on the small and lightweight PCX and go. I didn't even like taking the Burgman out to just do short trips or commute every day, it's just a PITA to handle that heavy of a bike... especially putting it on the center stand. The first time I put the PCX on it's center stand, I almost flipped it in the air! I was so used to having to use a lot of force out of habit, lol. I also don't have to worry about dumping it or not being able to paddle it out of an incline or off of soft ground, etc. For the long interstate hauls, the Burgie is hard to beat... and man is it a hoot putting some Harleys to shame in a stop light battle. But, for everything else, the PCX is sooo much fun to zip around on.

Dave, welcome to the forum btw!
Alex
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650
2011 Honda PCX 125
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Big burger + little PCX divided by 2 = X10 350...?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Hi and welcome!. You chose the right place ;) .

The PCX is hard to beat in the urban jungle. I even compared it to the Kymco Downtown 125 of one of my workmates, and the PCX feels much more agile. Takeoff at traffic lights is quicker, acceleration is better, top speed is worse, as it is aerodynamic protection, but my PCX was bought for the city. The day I get an A2 licence I'll think about a bigger scoot, but for the time being, I think I've nailed it with the PCX.
Dave78

Post by Dave78 »

ItsaHonda wrote: As for the PCX, who wants to drag out the big motorcycle everytime you want to run an errand or every morning to go to work... just hop on the small and lightweight PCX and go. The first time I put the PCX on it's center stand, I almost flipped it in the air! I was so used to having to use a lot of force out of habit, lol.
So true about taking the big bike out for those little trips.. And that was so me the first time I put the PCX on it's centre stand..

In answer to someone else's question I went with white.. The dealership had red/white and grey in stock.. wasn't that worried about colour but thought white is nice and bright, so hopefully the cage drivers might see me.. Well every little helps..
djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Post by djcat »

Hello back from the UK :D

And I also came from a BMW...and F800S. For my part I like the PCX because it makes sense in every way, just think that touring would be a little slower but then I don't do Pan-European trips all the time. Would love to have a little more punch and some more engine braking but 99% of the little time I have with the PCX, its been a revelation! Even my missus now says "lets take the scooter" instead of "lets take the car", she feels so much more comfortable on the back and its just great and convenient. If the PCX ever gets an 800cc twin engine, I am buying it 8)
ericpcx
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ericpcx »

Hi and welcome,the PCX is great fun and very good on fuel,getting 120mpg average and had bike since May this year.
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I have deauville NT700, but use the PCX all the time for my work commute and usually get around 112mpg
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

Thats quite a jump!

Did you not get on with the GS????