A Question for Any New 2019 PCX 150 Owners

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

A Question for Any New 2019 PCX 150 Owners

Post by Old Grinner »

For those out there with a new, redesigned, 2019 PCX 150, I was wondering if the seat is more comfortable or offers more room. There is supposed to be more leg room and although the motor is less cc (149cc?) it's supposed to be more efficient and have more power and fuel economy. I've heard top speed is 124 KPH or over 70 MPH? :o

Basically is it a more comfortable riding experience with more seating room and more seat cushioning? Is the improved rear suspension on rough roads better than all it's predecessors? :geek:
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

Re: A Question for Any New 2019 PCX 150 Owners

Post by Oldie »

My 2019 PCX125 was only let down by seat comfort. Great if you just sit forward on the flat section but the ridge half way back digs in as you try and slide back to get a little more comfort. I guess that it's liveable if, like me, you're 5'8", but taller riders might want an after-market flat seat. The rear springs were quite good but still "crashy" over potholes. Overall, a very nice ride and a torquey engine.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Noted. . .thank you. :geek:

Sounds like the seat remains the same. . .OK for some. . .not so OK for others. . ..

Maybe on the next go 'round they'll get it. I submitted my two cents worth about the location of their horn buttons and lack of universal comfort on the seat situation last Summer. Honda's reply was basically that they passed my suggestions along the channels. Never heard anything back. . .not that I expected to.

And I'm not the only one who doesn't care for the out of the norm horn button location either. It trips up a lot of riders who look for it down below the turn signal switch. . .not above it. Another fine machine from Honda. . .the CBR300R review. It's frustrating. IMHO there should be some kind of international standardization for switch locations. . .but that's just me.

Have a nice day. . .Cheers! :D
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

IMHO there should be some kind of international standardization for switch locations. . .but that's just me.
Nah, there's 2 of us that feel that way.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

springer1 wrote:
IMHO there should be some kind of international standardization for switch locations. . .but that's just me.
Nah, there's 2 of us that feel that way.
X3

And stalk controls in cars too.
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: red

Post by gregsta »

I have done about 439 miles on my new honda pcx and I was hoping the seat would get more comfortable but it has not I hate the seat my old honda 2014 seat was a lot more comfortable.

But don't let this put you off my new honda pcx125 is a amazing bike to ride , so smooth and such a lovely bike to ride, I personally think it's so much better than my old pcx. The best way you can describe the ride is smooth.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Oldie wrote:My 2019 PCX125 was only let down by seat comfort. Great if you just sit forward on the flat section but the ridge half way back digs in as you try and slide back to get a little more comfort. I guess that it's liveable if, like me, you're 5'8", but taller riders might want an after-market flat seat. The rear springs were quite good but still "crashy" over potholes. Overall, a very nice ride and a torquey engine.
I'm 6ft and own a '14 reg LED PCX and can't say I've found riding uncomfortable, not so say there are not loads of better seats but it's been fine for me riding from 40mins to just over an hour each way across town and A roads.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

iceman wrote:
Oldie wrote:My 2019 PCX125 was only let down by seat comfort. Great if you just sit forward on the flat section but the ridge half way back digs in as you try and slide back to get a little more comfort. I guess that it's liveable if, like me, you're 5'8", but taller riders might want an after-market flat seat. The rear springs were quite good but still "crashy" over potholes. Overall, a very nice ride and a torquey engine.
I'm 6ft and own a '14 reg LED PCX and can't say I've found riding uncomfortable, not so say there are not loads of better seats but it's been fine for me riding from 40mins to just over an hour each way across town and A roads.
That would be a reasonable test.
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: red

Post by gregsta »

iceman wrote:
I do about 2 hour trip to and from work and it does get a bit uncomfortable on the new honda pcx2019, but my old 14reg seat was very comfortable doing the same trip. I am 5ft'11
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gregsta wrote:
iceman wrote:
I do about 2 hour trip to and from work and it does get a bit uncomfortable on the new honda pcx2019, but my old 14reg seat was very comfortable doing the same trip. I am 5ft'11
Tbh an hour on any motorcycle is uncomfortable. On a bike with pegs you could stand up a bit or drop your legs to improve the blood flow. The old shake your arms like a chicken can be useful too. If only to stop gripping the handlebars.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

gregsta wrote:
iceman wrote:
< pity they seem to have gone backwards with the seat rather than improve it - wonder if it's to do with great storage under the seat?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nah just the obvious, they can't please all Our arses all the times. (Ah geez, I just had to say that!
Shoot, I can't even find proper fitting socks (as one example) :roll: :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You