First PCX125 Ride......at last

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

BristolRoversfc
Year: 2018
Color: Grey

First PCX125 Ride......at last

Post by BristolRoversfc »

Finally took my pcx out for the first time today after sat looking at it in the conservatory for 2 1/2 weeks.
Finally decided that after reducing medication and more strength in my left knee after op.thought the time was right.
Absolutely delighted with it.
Only done about 10 miles and didnt go over 35mph but I found it smooth,comfortable and a joy to ride.
Brendan
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: First PCX125 Ride......at last

Post by Brendan »

Glad to be the first to congratulate you, for both your recovery and your first ride, good on you.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Oh, well that won't do at all! Now you will want a 2nd, and a 3rd, and a 4th...its like an addiction! Listen to that engine whine. Feel that sleek body between your legs. Look at the miles of road ahead of you! Oh, the glorious 1st ride! More I tell you, more... more miles...more smiles...more fun in the sun. Must have more!

Enjoy your addiction.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The joy of the PCX for me was riding at a slower pace and exploring small backroads and country lanes seeing things I wouldn't otherwise have seen.
Enjoy many more trips your new scooter.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
BristolRoversfc
Year: 2018
Color: Grey

Post by BristolRoversfc »

Thanks for the encouragement.
To be perfectly honest,until my first ride,that was the first time I had ever actually ridden a pcx.
Ive spent about 2 months trolling the the internet and owners reviews,reviews on this forum etc.and decided on the pcx.
Apart from sitting on one at my local dealers,yestetday was the actual first time I had ridden one.
I know it was a bit of a gamble,but I know I made the right choice.
Wife wants to go to a car boot sale this morning and after that im going back out on it.Forecast is about 18 degrees,dry with a light breeze.....perfect.
Its now parked outside our back door with steering lock on...."D" lock on the front wheel....a huge "Gold Sold Secure"chain,lock and ground anchor on the back wheel....and also a "Silver Sold Secure" chain and padlock on the back gate.
I also bought a " Oxford Aquatex" cover for it.
Cant wait to get back out on it
Oh....Ive also just ordered a Haynes manual for it.
I know most of the information I may need may be on this forum,You Tube etc..but Im from the "pre-internet days "where I found the Haynes manuals to be a great way to learn how to do various jobs myself.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Congrats on the ride and the recovery.

I know what you mean about a paper manual. Even if it is a PITA (like the "official" Honda manual, flipping ages like a madman trying to get the plastics off), having something to look at that doesn't fade out or flick to another screen on a whim is just fine for those of us of a certain age.

If we were a decent red wine, we would be valuable.....
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I &ave both the physical manual AND I printed out pages from the forum that I felt were valuable, such as Maddiedog's complete teardown of his bike, with pictures, and the "How-to" for oil change. I put those in a 3 ring binder. I have found them both valuable.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

welcome to the joyful world of scooter riding...It's a shame you had to buy stock in security companies, but from what I understand that's the price one pays for owning a vehicle in Britain.

Here, I've accidentally left my keys in the scoot overnight and it was still there in the morning. Different worlds I guess.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

honkerman wrote:It's a shame you had to buy stock in security companies, but from what I understand that's the price one pays for owning a vehicle in Britain.

Here, I've accidentally left my keys in the scoot overnight and it was still there in the morning. Different worlds I guess.
Security not a problem in much of the UK either.
Different worlds exist within the UK.
I'm fairly certain there's places in your own country where you wouldn't get away with leaving your keys in the lock?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

gn2 wrote:
honkerman wrote:It's a shame you had to buy stock in security companies, but from what I understand that's the price one pays for owning a vehicle in Britain.

Security not a problem in much of the UK either.
Different worlds exist within the UK.
I'm fairly certain there's places in your own country where you wouldn't get away with leaving your keys in the lock?
likely. Perceptions are largely affected by media it seems. We don't get the full picture based on what we read in the mags or see on tv.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

According to what we see on the news here you've got an orange baboon for a president who can't even speak in coherent sentences?
Can't be true surely?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:According to what we see on the news here you've got an orange baboon for a president who can't even speak in coherent sentences?
Can't be true surely?

DONT!!!

They might bring up the utter chimps we have over here. :lol:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote:
gn2 wrote:According to what we see on the news here you've got an orange baboon for a president who can't even speak in coherent sentences?
Can't be true surely?

DONT!!!

Unlikely they would know about that.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

gn2 wrote:
you you wrote:
Can't be true surely?

DONT!!!

Unlikely they would know about that.
You'd be surprised...I watch British motoring shows...but I don't tend to take the political opinions of celebrities very seriously...

reality is, politicians are usually idiots wherever you may find them...orange or not.

but let's not go political with this thread. As I recall, that's a no-no on this board.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube