My New Honda PCX 125cc

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

raito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: matte silver

Re: My New Honda PCX 125cc

Post by raito »

Mel46 wrote:I guess I am looking at it from the perspective that most riders who have a 2013 model have done most of the upgrades themselves that they had asked Honda to do, except for LED lights and ABS brakes.
You forgot the fuel tank upgrade. Maybe also the convenience of a 12V cigarette receptacle.

From the perspective of a PCX LED owner, me, the only upgrades on the new PCX Digital that I envy are the ABS option, the slightly improved underseat storage, and the nice digital dashboard. I don't like the new headlight design. A little too busy. I also don't need the wider tyres.

One thing I like about my PCX compared to MOST others is that the rims are not black. Black Friday was yesterday.
ImageImageImage
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: red

Post by gregsta »

Mel46 wrote:I guess I am looking at it from the perspective that most riders who have a 2013 model have done most of the upgrades themselves that they had asked Honda to do, except for LED lights and ABS brakes.

I improved my rear suspension, added a tall windshield, replaced the seat, put on better tires (Some owners have even put wider tires on), and I even upgraded my headlights. I also added LED tail lights as well. In the end, I have the more powerful engine and have done most of the other upgrades we had suggested to Honda.

So, The point is that at some point the "last Year's model" is not much different from the newest model, so be happy with it and just ride it.
I just need to get a bigger screen added to this one this time and that's me done ;)
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gregsta »

raito wrote:
You forgot the fuel tank upgrade. Maybe also the convenience of a 12V cigarette receptacle.

From the perspective of a PCX LED owner, me, the only upgrades on the new PCX Digital that I envy are the ABS option, the slightly improved underseat storage, and the nice digital dashboard. I don't like the new headlight design. A little too busy. I also don't need the wider tyres.

One thing I like about my PCX compared to MOST others is that the rims are not black. Black Friday was yesterday.
I really like the new led lights on the NEW pcx I thought they looked cool on in the dark, I thought they looked futuristic they look nice in the dark and before the light totally goes. I thought they stood out from other motorbikes lights.

The digital dashboard looks very cool as well and it has a clock on it what is very handy and the indicator lights look very cool on the dashboard.
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gregsta »

I improved my rear suspension, added a tall windshield, replaced the seat, put on better tires (Some owners have even put wider tires on), and I even upgraded my headlights. I also added LED tail lights as well. In the end, I have the more powerful engine and have done most of the other upgrades we had suggested to Honda.

So, The point is that at some point the "last Year's model" is not much different from the newest model, so be happy with it and just ride it.
I did have a 2014 model before this and I always hated them small rims on my old bike fleet like you were floating when riding it, so the wider tyres are a welcome up grade. I personally like my old seat better on my old PCX the one with the lump in it. Not really feeling this new seat. The suspension I really had no issue with my old suspension not really getting that part. These lights look nicer, do I think that they are better in the dark no. The ABS is just amazing so responsive. ;) And its more poker so don't need to upgrade to a sports exhaust what I was going to do on my old one.
Manufan1
Year: 2014
Color: Brown

Post by Manufan1 »

1st time post, so go easy on me.

Well I just passed my full license on my PCX, which allows me to ride up to 125cc auto bikes. Main advantage is that I don't need to keep doing a CBT every 2 years (and can carry a pillion and use motorways). I have no intention of riding bigger bikes, very happy with my PCX
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

Post by Oldie »

Manufan1 wrote:1st time post, so go easy on me.

Well I just passed my full license on my PCX, which allows me to ride up to 125cc auto bikes. Main advantage is that I don't need to keep doing a CBT every 2 years (and can carry a pillion and use motorways). I have no intention of riding bigger bikes, very happy with my PCX
Well done. I think that you're right, just keep to the PCX and be glad that your L Plates are now in the bin!

I did a few 100 mile trips on my PCX and it was very competent. Plus it's so cheap to run.
Manufan1
Year: 2014
Color: Brown

Post by Manufan1 »

Oldie wrote:
Well done. I think that you're right, just keep to the PCX and be glad that your L Plates are now in the bin!

I did a few 100 mile trips on my PCX and it was very competent. Plus it's so cheap to run.
Very glad my L plates are in the bin. quite useful to be allowed on motorways (not that you'd like to travel any sort of distance on a motorway on a PCX!). Here in Manchester we have the A57(M) which is technically a motorway but not actually like a motorway in any shape or form! It is useful that I can now use it.
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gregsta »

Congratulations on getting your full license no more CBT happy days!!! ;)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Excellent :D
gbru2505
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Carbon Grey

Post by gbru2505 »

Manufan1 wrote: Well I just passed my full license on my PCX, which allows me to ride up to 125cc auto bikes. Main advantage is that I don't need to keep doing a CBT every 2 years (and can carry a pillion and use motorways). I have no intention of riding bigger bikes, very happy with my PCX
Well done!! I've just repeated my CBT and don't want to do it again so I'm looking at doing the three-part test. The trainer's advised me to do mine on a larger geared bike - 650cc. I'm just wondering if there's any particular reason you did it on the PCX? I don't think I'd take a passenger onto the motorway on a PCX because I don't think it'd be stable or fast enough.
G'Bru
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gregsta »

gbru2505 wrote:
Manufan1 wrote: Well I just passed my full license on my PCX, which allows me to ride up to 125cc auto bikes. Main advantage is that I don't need to keep doing a CBT every 2 years (and can carry a pillion and use motorways). I have no intention of riding bigger bikes, very happy with my PCX
Well done!! I've just repeated my CBT and don't want to do it again so I'm looking at doing the three-part test. The trainer's advised me to do mine on a larger geared bike - 650cc. I'm just wondering if there's any particular reason you did it on the PCX? I don't think I'd take a passenger onto the motorway on a PCX because I don't [qoute]

Ignore what I just posted I noticed once I read he had passed his A2 test.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Congrats to all ye test passers.

May the road rise to meet you and the wind be always at your back! :D