Just installed new Magazi "Tulip-style" mirrors.......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

JackNewp
Year: 2015
Color: Pearl White

Re: Just installed new Magazi "Tulip-style" mirrors.......

Post by JackNewp »

you you - Pardon?
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

you you wrote:
JackNewp wrote:DrewJW - I received your message, but for some reason I'm not allowed to message back or reply (a box came up "too new to use this feature") ....or something like that. Anyway, this is the ad I used to order my mirrors on Ebay....shows they do international shipping.... let me know if this works!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magazi-white-bl ... 14&vxp=mtr

Post more bulshit. Everyone else does :D
Back to your room :roll:
aka DrewJW
JackNewp

Post by JackNewp »

Hey guys.....I now feel like a "real" member here - got my first reply from "you you" to a post I made here! Ha!

you you - you're OK dude......
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150

Post by homie »

JackNewp wrote:Hey guys.....I now feel like a "real" member here - got my first reply from "you you" to a post I made here! Ha!
consider yourself youyou'ed :lol: pretty much taught me grammar and spelling. How many pay more attention to spell checker?
Attachments
handsup.jpg
handsup.jpg (15.83 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JackNewp wrote:Hey guys.....I now feel like a "real" member here - got my first reply from "you you" to a post I made here! Ha!

No I'm not. Rood :D

I was being a teeny bit serious, post a few more times and it unlocks your personal messaging
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I liked the look of the mirrors and ordered them on Monday.

They were delivered today, some sort of record considering I'm in Oz. Usual delivery times are 2 to 3 weeks.

Now that's what I call great service.

They are already installed on my bike and look great. :lol: :lol: :lol:
JackNewp

Post by JackNewp »

John - What color did you get for your red PCX? There are quite a few different colors available...was just curious!
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Mirrors look great. Noticed though that there appears to be a gap between the post of the mirror and the handlebar. Would seem to be much stronger (and better looking) if the two met. Any way to eliminate the gap?
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Bash On! wrote:Mirrors look great. Noticed though that there appears to be a gap between the post of the mirror and the handlebar. Would seem to be much stronger (and better looking) if the two met. Any way to eliminate the gap?
Do you mean the ball joint that enables you to make adjustments? You want a flexible cover? Never even crossed my mind that it looked unfinished or that it would break off.
Attachments
mirror.jpg
mirror.jpg (117.69 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Yep. Didn't realize there was no adjustment at the mirror itself. Still looks odd.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

I've been using these for 10 days now, and I really like how the ball joint is at the bottom of the stalk. It is so much easier to be going down the road and grab the stock base, rest your hand on the bar, and fine adjust the mirror, than trying to do it at the mirror joint itself… I wonder if anybody else that has these has come across this?
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
JackNewp

Post by JackNewp »

I adjust them on the fly the exact same way......so easy to fine tune! Also, I use a cover over my PCX and love how the mirror stems can be brought down so low to give me more cover area at the rear of the scoot vs. the stock mirrors "tenting" the cover up higher. Just one more advantage for me! I like a tight cover, but was thinking about getting a larger cover due to that, but not now.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart

Post by JohnL »

JackNewp wrote:John - What color did you get for your red PCX? There are quite a few different colors available...was just curious!
I bought the black & chrome mirrors. Nothing matches the red on my bike, so I went for the best alternative. In a past life I was a colour matcher and old habits die hard. :D :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I too love the ease of adjusting the Tulips over the stock mirrors. Especially with gloves on. What a nice difference. The gap(s) are no biggie, and I'm not concerned about their strength at those points.
Why? The lower gap has the ball joint inside of it and you adjust the tightness around that pivoting ball with a set screw. So the mirror doesn't move much (or not at all) after you've custom set and tightened that screw. Cool, I really like that! :P

I believe the reason Honda put the high rise mirrors on was to keep our eyes up (& not glancing down) And of course for the larger viewing surface to see more. Good thinking. It's not always about style and ease, it's about safety. I get it....
But give me the Tulip's anyway! :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Hey ya! JohnL your red scoot has Tulips :D can we see them? Purdy Pleeze? :P

This makes 5 of us with grown tulips, right homie? Look what you started...a garden :lol: (Hmm, I might have missed someone?)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

you you wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Hey Jack! I just got me the same color pair delivered the other day. I'm hoping to install them today (if family doesn't pull me away). Thanks for the GREAT pics and shared info. Ya gotta love this forum! :P
Cheers!

:lol: Before:

Are you getting at me :D
Noooo ;)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (67.86 KiB) Viewed 967 times
Kriden

Post by Kriden »

homie wrote:They take a couple miles to get used to but then you love the look. I just pushed the handle bars forward yesterday and after adjusting the Magazi's for the new bar position found them to be in a much more favorable attitude to the seating position we all ride.

This lead me to believe that not only does Honda favor the Asian mans body style in seat design they also have the bars hanging way low for the western man. Push your bars up considerably (until the grips are level) then raise the brake lever assembly and note the new experience a 5'10" person can have with rear view visibility and overall arm reach position. You will be pleased with your choice of mirrors 8)

Wow, thank you so much for giving me this "ah-ha" moment regarding the adjustment of the handlebars. Did what you said today (using stock mirrors) and what a nice difference it made. So simple and yet so effective. Thanks again! You scoot looks great BTW.
2015 PCX 150, YSS Shocks (XL), NCY Roller Weights (20x15- 13 gram), NCY Vari (Item# NCY-1029) and NCY Face (#1200-1193), TyreBeads- motorcycle balancing beads
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Kriden wrote:
homie wrote:They take a couple miles to get used to but then you love the look. I just pushed the handle bars forward yesterday and after adjusting the Magazi's for the new bar position found them to be in a much more favorable attitude to the seating position we all ride.

This lead me to believe that not only does Honda favor the Asian mans body style in seat design they also have the bars hanging way low for the western man. Push your bars up considerably (until the grips are level) then raise the brake lever assembly and note the new experience a 5'10" person can have with rear view visibility and overall arm reach position. You will be pleased with your choice of mirrors 8)

Wow, thank you so much for giving me this "ah-ha" moment regarding the adjustment of the handlebars. Did what you said today (using stock mirrors) and what a nice difference it made. So simple and yet so effective. Thanks again! You scoot looks great BTW.
I was waiting for someone to have that "ah-ha" moment other than White Noise who is having trouble the hex bolts. Do you have stock windscreen or aftermarket?
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart

Post by JohnL »

WhiteNoise wrote:8) Hey ya! JohnL your red scoot has Tulips :D can we see them? Purdy Pleeze? :P

This makes 5 of us with grown tulips, right homie? Look what you started...a garden :lol: (Hmm, I might have missed someone?)
Your wish is my command :D :D

No extra charge for the recycle bag in the background :-)
Attachments
Mirrors 2.jpg
Mirrors 2.jpg (162.32 KiB) Viewed 954 times
Mirrors 1.jpg
Mirrors 1.jpg (325 KiB) Viewed 954 times
Mirrors.jpg
Mirrors.jpg (337.66 KiB) Viewed 954 times
JackNewp

Post by JackNewp »

The chrome mirrors look great on your red, John! Like your levers as well......sweet!