Just installed new Magazi "Tulip-style" mirrors.......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Just installed new Magazi "Tulip-style" mirrors.......

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks! Your Tulip's look right at home John, Good color choice! I'm also noticing the very first Ride Bell seen on the forum, that's dangling from your cross bar. Did someone give that to you? Which one did you get? More help the better to Keep those road demons away! Keep it jingling

Yeah, Nice recycler :lol: but I'm liking the garden better ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

The Ride Bell was given to my by a friend for good luck. It's worked so far. :D :D

There are dozens of them available online. I only started looking after receiving mine and was blown away by the number available.
Attachments
Bike Bell 1 24-08-15.jpg
Bike Bell 1 24-08-15.jpg (314.91 KiB) Viewed 581 times
Bike Bell 24-08-15.jpg
Bike Bell 24-08-15.jpg (297.2 KiB) Viewed 581 times
Kriden
Year: 2015
Color: Pearl White

Post by Kriden »

homie wrote:
Kriden wrote:
homie wrote:They take a couple miles to get used to but then you love the look. I just pushed the handle bars forward yesterday and after adjusting the Magazi's for the new bar position found them to be in a much more favorable attitude to the seating position we all ride.

This lead me to believe that not only does Honda favor the Asian mans body style in seat design they also have the bars hanging way low for the western man. Push your bars up considerably (until the grips are level) then raise the brake lever assembly and note the new experience a 5'10" person can have with rear view visibility and overall arm reach position. You will be pleased with your choice of mirrors 8)

Wow, thank you so much for giving me this "ah-ha" moment regarding the adjustment of the handlebars. Did what you said today (using stock mirrors) and what a nice difference it made. So simple and yet so effective. Thanks again! You scoot looks great BTW.
I was waiting for someone to have that "ah-ha" moment other than White Noise who is having trouble the hex bolts. Do you have stock windscreen or aftermarket?

Stock windscreen.
2015 PCX 150, YSS Shocks (XL), NCY Roller Weights (20x15- 13 gram), NCY Vari (Item# NCY-1029) and NCY Face (#1200-1193), TyreBeads- motorcycle balancing beads
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

JohnL, thanks for the close ups. Yes, that's how it's done...someone else gives you the bell to keep you safe. Like a blessing. Nice to know someone cares :) I like that bell idea.

Soo...Part I (actually it's Part II cause I screwed the order of this):
I sprayed three of the bar bolts earlier tonight with the can of Blast stuff I showed ya'll. Wow, what a direct and forceful spray! It bounced out of the bolts pocket, hit my eyeglasses, the seat, the gas lid and foot panel. Holy smokers, it startled me. Hello! Wake up! I dropped everything and got some water to clean it all up. Whew! Dang bolts, are they worth the effort? Okay yeah, they are...I think.

Part II (actually Part I): I picked up a 6mm 3/8 hex socket at Home Depot today and loaded it into my breaker bar (with pivot neck) and preceeded to break a bolt loose (yes homie, I set it deep into bolt and used muscle :D ) Nothing budged.
That's when I reached for the Blasted spray! Arg! Tomorrow I bring the Axe (or is it Ax?) :x Stay tuned
Cell battery getting low
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

JohnL wrote:The Ride Bell was given to my by a friend for good luck. It's worked so far. :D :D

There are dozens of them available online. I only started looking after receiving mine and was blown away by the number available.
I WANT ONE... Oh that's much more than a good luck charm!

White Noise, I cant understand what kind of gorilla put your bar clamps on o_O I hope you are eventually successful because its worth positioning your bars up from Honda's default angle. Good luck
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Alrighty! We're onto something (just off topic a moment peeps :)
I'm going to start a new thread, titled "Guardian Bells!"
If interested, you will find it in the General sub forum where it will get more exposure (rather than being in the off topic or gear sections). See ya there ;)

> Back to Tulips <
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Tulip Mirrors. Yes they're installed, Blaster solvent worked and my handlebars are rolled forward (up as some say) raised my brake levers as well. Adjustments and tweaking will take place for a bit while I sort a problem out. Dang!

Problem I say? Something homie was curious about. Well it's my Givi medium screen....the Bugger is getting in the way of turning my bars full left or right. Brake levers hit the screen. I will post a few pics tomorrow night that I took late afternoon today.

Only resolve (I can think of now), is to use the Tulips with the stock screen in the warm weather and the Givi screen in cooler months with the big arse stock mirrors. What!

More come tamale. Night folks